The site of Brant Flour Mills was first active in the early 1800's. The original mill building was located alongside McKenzie Creek. A dam was established which created a large mill pond. The dammed water allowed a horizontal water wheel to be turned which then drove the milling process.
The Smith family bought the flour mill in 1897 and operated the original mill until 1976 at which time a modern all electric mill started production.
Today the Storjohann Family owns the mill and it is operated by Volker Storjohann.